Thursday, September 18, 2008

The dangers of spray paint

When using spray paint, one must take into account several factors:

1)Age of spray paint

2)Direction of the wind

3)Fitness of finger

If you don't consider these things, there are several dangers they present to the unaware:

1)If the spray paint is rather old, it is liable to be sticky. And if it is sticky, then it will probably be very difficult to depress the little spray button thingy on the top. And if it's difficult then....it's probably also painful.

2)If you fail to take into account the direction of the wind, then you may find yourself misted in the particular color you were using at the time. Although festive, obnoxious to clean.

3)If your finger is not in proper spray-painting shape, then it will probably be quite problematic to maintain pressure on the spray button thingy on the top for the long period of time necessary to paint an entire - let's say - posterboard. Plus, after you have completed said paint job, your finger will probably be incredibly sore.

But this is all hypothetical reasoning, of course. Now if you'll excuse me, my very sore and painted finger is starting to throb again.

Ouch.

4 comments:

RachelRenae said...

"although festive, obnoxious to clean."

Stephen and I just spray painted some deck furniture that we didn't have the money to buy (but it was on sale... freak to the yes!). Since it was on sale, it wasn't a set, so we decided to MAKE it a set... with spray paint! Zonino! I had a black-tipped finger for days, and there was a black square in our backyard for a week.

RachelRenae said...

Oh, also I think you should dress up in some turquoise tights, ankle warmers, white tennis shoes, and neon pink leotard, and do an aerobic excercise video for spray painting finger health.

You think about that.

a.matson said...

I'll definitely think about the spray paint fitness video....I'm seeing a series, here!

Amy said...

hehehehe. I concur with Rachel. You could make millions with that video.