Friday, August 1, 2008

New York and spider bites....no connection

Well, I have been to New York city and survived the experience!!! And actually, I enjoyed it. (I know....I should've had you sit down before dropping that news on you; I hope you didn't fall down.) I currently have a love-hate/undefined relationship with NYC.....sometimes I really liked, sometimes it was okay, and at others I couldn't wait to get out. We had our Investor's Preview (and I did my makeup and hair all by myself.....and didn't look half shabby, if I do say so myself), and though we don't have any money right now, we did make a ton of wonderful contacts. We also found a prospective director (Tony Walden....he was married to Julie Andrews for a while, and he's done a ton of stuff), but more importantly, it was the first time that our entire time was together at one time and looking at the project together. Great bonding time.
I have also witnessed the wonder that is Broadway! Ellen and I saw "The 39 Steps" - a hysterically funny adaptation of an Alfred Hitchcock work. Though not a musical, and in a smaller theatre (the Cort, if that means anything), and having simple sets and a cast of four, it was wonderful! So witty, and clean! It was so funny! The cast was very talented and the script well-written. If you have the chance, see it! I highly recommend it. (Though you may have already heard something about it, you theatre-buff you.)
And now, the moment that you have been waiting for.......the result of my doctor's appointment! I saw the doc yesterday for my spider bite (which looks and feels much better, thank you. It has further improved today - the swelling down much since yesterday, no redness, and the pain nill.....however, there has been some itching. But I suppose that's just to be expected from a bug bite, right?) I walked in (without a limp) feeling ridiculous because it was so much better. He looked at it, said that it was swollen but that he wasn't worried about it. He was going to write me a prescription for antibiotics that I could fill if it suddenly started to get worse. He checked my breathing just in case, and as an afterthought, asked if I was taking any medication. When I told him about the doxycycline, he looked surprised and told me that as those were antibiotics, he didn't need to write me a prescription. "Your doxycycline saved you", he told me. Isn't God good? He's had me on the medication that I would need to fight the spider's poision for a year now! He started treating me before the bite, so that it was taken care of as soon as it happened! Isn't He wonderful? (As a side note, I mentioned above that my bite is much better today. It seems to be improving hourly. I think besides the doxycycline, the prayers that everyone has been offering on my behalf saved me too!:))
So, you are now caught up on the happenings of Annalyse. I am so excited to talk with you this evening! I think that it has pretty much made my week, let alone my day!:) I love you tons and tons and tons and think you are the best brother I could possibly ask for (and Alicia the sister-in-law [future] I could dream of!:))! Love you guys!

Long distance hugs and kisses!

1 comment:

RachelRenae said...

Lysie,

James and Alicia aren't the only ones keeping up with you here! Fill me in! Spider bite???