Friday, August 22, 2008

Hurricane Fay

Hey there! I don't know if you guys have heard anything about Hurricane Fay, but even if you haven't, I have a really cool story about it. (Hurricane Fay is a tropical storm that began late last week and was directed here.)
Our story begins when we first found out about Fay. The projected route of the storm brought it right here....to little Trilby/Ridge Manor FL. Obviously, that was not a desirable path to us. So, when Art and Ellen brought all of us together for our customary praise and worship time, they felt that God wanted us to have intercessory prayer. Upon praying about what God was thinking about, we came up with several things.....one of which was the Hurricane Fay and the path it was taking toward FL. As of Monday morning, it had hit the islands off the tip of FL, and had killed several people already. (They were traveling by bus....while crossing a river, the storm caused a flash flood that washed the entire bus away.) So we prayed that it would miss inhabited areas and be taken back out to sea to dissolve into nothing.
It was scheduled to hit Tuesday at 2pm. By that morning, the wind speeds had decreased drastically. We went about our business, aware of the approach of the storm and leaving plenty of time to get into the house. But, 2pm came and went, and no storm had come. We turned on the news and found that the hurricane had diverted its path - it was heading east of us......back out to the Atlantic. There was an area that was hit with tornadoes from the hurricane - it was a swamp area that is completely uninhabited.
We've watched it for the last couple of days....besides a bit of flooding on the east side of the state, no damage was done. We have had rain the last 3 days - but nice, gentle summer rains rather than gullywashers that flood our basement (true story....that was the middle of last week. Whee! For someone that has never dealt with flooding to be taking care of it by herself, it is a rather curious job!).
I just had to tell you guys! Isn't is cool how God answers prayers? I thought that was one of the coolest displays of Him hearing us that I know of (recently). He's pretty awesome! And, just like He heard us about hurricane Fay, I know He's hearing us about you and your housing situation! Be encouraged....it will all work out!
I miss you tons, but love you more! Hugs and kisses

2 comments:

RachelRenae said...

hallelujah! I love stories like this. God changed the path of Fay JUST BECAUSE a little group of people in Trilby had the boldness to pray for it!

Megs said...

That is amazing!!! God is so awesome!!