Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Technologically advanced

I just recently realized that I actually have had something blog-worthy occur in my life recently. (Thank you, Mommy, for jogging my memory.) So, my last blog was actually misleading; but completely unintentionally. Sorry.
Last week, as Mommy and I were on our way to Costco, the land of bulk foods - gotta love it - my cell phone rang. It said it was Anna, which was actually really convenient since I'd been thinking about calling her since her second baby, Zadie, was born. (By the way, congratulations on the new addition to the family!) When I answered, the call was gone. Stupid dead zones, I thought, as I redialed the number. I didn't want to disturb Anna, but I figured that since she called me it was probably a good time to call.
And it was. Except for the fact that it wasn't Anna that called me. It was Anissa. Apparently, Anna's cell phone was sitting on the table and Anissa stole it. That morning, Anna had been telling Anissa about James and I. Zadie is 16 months younger than Anissa (just like James is to me), so Anna was telling the new little big sister all about us and having a younger sibling that close to your age.
I guess the story so intrigued Anissa that she must have wanted the first-person account of how to deal with a sibling that might as well be your twin.

Ah - kids are so technologically advanced these days!

2 comments:

Janella said...

Haha! That reminds me of the time my friend's daughter called me. I didn't catch on right away, and found myself being highly entertained by their bedtime preparations. It took me about 20 minutes (I lost track of time listening to the commotion) to realize that I had not been called on purpose.....

My friend learned to lock the keys on her phone after that!

a.matson said...

That is hysterical! I guess it's the closest we can get to being a fly on the wall, eh?