Hello all! I apologize for the tardiness of posting. However, I would like everyone to note that it really wasn't my fault. You see, my computer decided to download an update; however, it seems that the update and my darling little computedora (or as I fondly refer to it, "la compooperdora") did not get along at all. It has been a long and tiresome disagreement. My computer seems to have gotten its feelings hurt and is pouting by going as slow as it pleases (if it bothers to go at all). But as time heals all wounds, so it is with my computer. It is becoming more and more compliant as the days pass. Hooray!
And so now, please buckle in for what I'm sure will develop into quite the lengthy blog.
We once again join our favorite little maiden, Annalyse of YWAMTampaville, as she is in the midst of a new adventure of the most surprising sort. You see, it could - to the uninformed bystander - appear not to be an adventure at all. However, our maiden knows that it is - a divinely designed adventure at that. So, our story begins very early one cold and foggy morn (yes, there are cold and foggy morns in the foreign and strange land of the Floridians), before even the sun has any desire to rise. We behold a forest green carriage traveling at a rapid speed toward that oh-so-familiar, home-away-from-home - the airport. It is the king and queen, accompanied by our sleepy little maid, beginning their journey over seas and mountains to the wonder-filled (and hot and sticky) land of Asia. And of course, as all journeys must, this one started by leaving home. The faithful little maiden agreed to accompany them to the airport so as to drive the vehicle home. And that is what she did - to return to completely empty and completely (almost) silent abode.
Our maiden was filled with confidence and a general sense of well-being during the daylight hours.....obviously, there was nothing to fear a'tall. Yet, as the sun slipped from its zenith and began the descent into the horizon, our maiden felt her resolve and confidence wane as if following the light. It would soon be dark........and she would be alone. All alone.
Now, for others more daring and mature than our maid, spending the night alone with not a soul to be found (but that of a curmudgeonly cat) would be no feat at all. They would simply turn out the light, shut their eyes, and sleep. Yet, the little maiden was not as one of those. She had never (not once) spent the night alone anywhere - not even in the familiar and comforting home of her youth. Truly, a new experience arose before her, with implications not completely pleasant.
And yet, the maid knew Who protected her....and He was a force not to be trifled with. So, reassuring herself with this knowledge (and after a quick call to Mommy and Daddy), she forced herself to relax, and.......
The next thing she knew, daylight was streaming into the room, flooding it with cheerful morning light. It was a beautiful day! The birds sang, the squirrels chirped, the cat begged - all was as it should be. Aware of her impending doctor's appointment (for more information, please refer to "The Injury of She-woman"), our maiden skipped out to her trusty and beloved little Lily - faithfully waiting to transport the little maid to wherever her heart so desired (which, this morning, was Spring Hill).
And so they set off - girl and car. All was well.....until, while going 55mph, the maid heard a noise that made her blood run cold - a loud POP from the engine. Suddenly, all power was gone. Luckily, He who protects and loves our maiden had not abandoned her (of course). He provided a safe resting place for the injured and dying little car.
The little maiden sat stunned. She knew there was something to be done, and yet, the only brilliant idea that entered her mind was to sit there and cry. (Alright, so maybe it wasn't that brilliant.) Suddenly, she remembered......her mother would be home! As quickly as she possibly could, she dialed and held her breath.
Riiiiing...."Oh, please let her be home!".....Riiiiing....."Answer the phone!".....Riiiii.......She was! Mommy was home! And unlike our darling and ignorant maiden, she had a practical and helpful idea - call the insurance company! They would certainly tow the poor dead Lily from the side of the road (and an inevitable fate of ticketing) to the wonderful doctor - John's Auto, conveniently only two miles away from Lily's final resting place.
And so, that is what our maid did. Faithfully waiting by the side of the her dismal little car, she passed the time by talking with her mommy and fiddling with papers on the seat next to her. At last, the much-anticipated tower arrived! Lickety-split, Lily was loaded onto the back, our maiden was seated in the cab with the rather.....unique driver, and they were off. "I wonder what could've happened?" Pondered she.
Alas, she did not have to ponder long. A mere 48 hours later, she received the fateful diagnosis. Lily's insides (well, some of them) had split in half! Of course, the auto doctor offered a much more complex, sophisticated and accurate explanation - however, it all added up to one thing.....Lily, without transplants of several different parts, was a dead cookie. Our maiden had a choice to make. Save her (mostly) faithful little carriage, or find a new one? For love of her green vehicle (and, because it was cheaper), the maid opted to save the car's life, rescuing it from certain scrap-hood.
"Hmmm," smiled our maiden, "though my adventures have not been nearly as adventurous as some, I have learned much from them! Though they could be considered rude inconveniences, I see that they are gifts.....lessons to be learned about living life as an adult (blech). How generous of Him to provide me with such a safe learning environment!" And then she leaned over, extinguished the lamp, and slept - in a house all by herself.
There you have it. Another chapter in Annalyse of YWAMTampaville's story. Charming, wasn't it? I feel it necessary, in an attempt to avoid disappointment and disillusionment, to tell everyone that this will be my last post for 15+ days. I am traveling to VA for some new adventures, and really don't think that I can be counted upon to update my blog with any new entertainment until after my return on the 20th. So don't feel unloved....I haven't forgotten about you!:)
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I wish you weren't so sketchy on the details of exactly WHAT is wrong with Lily. Her insides SPLIT in HALF?? Yikes!! Anyway, I'm glad you're ok and all cool and such.
I concur, I would like more details on this splitting in half as well. Anyway, I know how it feels, well somewhat, all this having to grow up and be mature and adult. So far I havn't had to repair my beloved Jinni (my car), though I have been keeping close tabs on her health.
Details of splitting in half....the cylinder cap split in half. The mechanic said that he'd never, ever seen that happen before on any car; he also called a subaru dealership to see if it was a subaru thing - they had never heard of that happening on any subaru either. So, it's an anomaly! Yippee! Just what I need! So, I have to replace (or pay to replace) the can, the cylinder head, the motor for the cylinder head, and the time belt. (Don't ask me why or what any of those things do....I just know that's what the guy said, and he seemed to know what it meant, even though I don't!). So, those are the nitty gritty details of Lily's explosion. Sorry I was so vague....I figured no one else would really be interested in them, or understand them (since I didn't. Gee....that was really egocentric of me, wasn't it?:)). I was trying to keep tabs on her health, and the mechanic said that the rest of the engine looks fine; and since he's never seen this problem before, he has no idea what could've caused it. Oh well.
That's so bizarre!
Wow. That's really weird. It gave you an interesting story at any rate. just think- you, and only you, get to tell people that your car's parts split in half!
Ah, the silver lining!:)
You should definitely write a blog post about your prospective school plans!
Post a Comment