Well, since I couldn't fit all of my news into one blog (one mustn't let one's blog become tedious), I have decided to dedicate a blog all its own to the tale of Annalyse and the Next Step.
We find the little maiden of YWAMTampaville in the midst of a very large decision...a very large decision indeed. In fact, this decision seems to the be the largest decision she's made since becoming the maiden of YWAMTampaville. It has been a very painful decision - as the maiden's wrung-out hands can attest to - the decision of the Next Step.
"Hmmmm..."mutters our maiden pensively, pacing back and forth. "Hmmmmm." Her brows are knit, her feet are sore, her mind is tired - and yet the Next Step stands ominiously before her. "What shall I do? What am I to do?" says the characteristically over-anxious little maid. You see, this is a decision which she has labored over for many days (too many days, she sometimes thinks). Many have been faced by this decision....and yet, the little maiden feels that it is altogether unique. Stay on the path of the familiar, or venture into the unknown?
Our maiden has never been fond of the unknown - it's always given her a tummy ache. But the Next Step cannot be avoided. She decides to seek out the advice of the king and queen of YWAMTampaville, as well as the faithful Mommy and Daddy - for their advice has always been sound. "Live with no regrets", they say - a phrase which could mean so very many things. And yet, in her heart, our little maiden knows what she is to do.
A light comes into her eyes as the steel enters her heart. "Yes," she decides, "yes, I shall do this thing. I shall take the Next Step into the unknown. I am nervous; I have a slight tummy ache - but I shall do this thing!"
And so our maiden has decided - she will no longer be the maiden of YWAMTampaville (as sad as that may be - all good things must come to an end). For you see, the Next Step returns her to the home of her infancy and childhood - to that far-off land of mountains and 0% humidity; where the air is thin and climbing too high makes one dizzy; that beautiful, glorious place! - to pursue that legendary figure....knowledge. For the sake of her future, and the One she loves, she will chase after collegiate education. Oh boy.
And so, today is a milestone for our little maiden. Today she becomes - the little maiden of TBA! (Of course, we could call her the maiden who was until recently the maiden of YWAMTampaville, but for the sake of time, the maiden of TBA will just have to do.)
Here's to the adventures to come!
Friday, November 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm so excited that you're headed home... and headed in a new direction! And how could you say that you are afraid of the unknown? Going around on missions to foreign countries definitely disqualifies you from the coward category. You are brave! You are courageous! You laugh in the face of danger! hahahaha!
First, may I ask what is TBA?
Secondly, Rachel is right! You're no coward! To quote the afore mentioned Rachel, "We Rollerts have nerves of steel and iron in our blood- more so than the ordinary person" - and you are no exception! And i too am very excited to have you back here!
Live with no regrets, sounds like good advice. Sitting in the known often leads people to taking and keeping tedious jobs that feel very unfulfilling for the rest of their lives, and then complaining that they hate their situation. So we are proud of the young maiden stepping into the unknown so she can feel fulfilled in the future.
We are looking forward to you returning home. It will be nice to have you around. I will also say that you are no coward! I envy your ability to travel to far-off lands into the unknown (honestly, I envy anybody who doesn't die of panic boarding an airplane).
You've got me thinking about the "living with no regrets". I think James touched on that as well not too long ago, or at least something similar. Hmmmm.
Ahhhh...you guys are so good to me! Thank you so much. *Warm fuzzies all over* You all are the freakin' best family in the entire world!
Post a Comment