I'VE SURVIVED!!!!!!!
Yes, I am happy to report that I am now an official big girl....I have stayed in a house all by myself (for more than one night); handled the most horrific car troubles (alright - I suppose I could think of more horrific car troubles); taken myself to the doctor's office (a completely unknown doctor); made myself be a social being rather than giving into the temptation of hermit-hood (and have had the pleasure of making wonderful new friends) - in general, pushed myself (well, actually, I think that it was God doing most of the pushing) out of my comfort zone and found that I landed right smack dab in the middle of my Savior's arms...and what better lesson to learn?
So, I shall take you back to the beginning ("a very good place to start....."). Well, relative beginning. Right about the time I fly to VA to be with the Duis family. I found myself in the company of a wonderful and busy group of pastor/farmers with a ton on their plate. With the holidays, an extra hand is quite welcome (and I just happen to have two!). So, with a silver bow on my head and a tag around my neck that read "With love, from Art and Ellen", I was gifted to Dan and Scotti Duis for 15 days. Actually, I think that I recieved more gifts from them than they did from me! Soon, I was right at home with their lifestyle - caring for their 70 horses and managing the farm (though it seems this greenhorn watched and learned more than she actually did), caring for their darling granddaughters (I was on homework patrol), bible study and even singing with the worship team on Sunday. The 15 days donated to them went by too quickly, and before I knew it, I was returning home to the curmudgeonly Coco.
I received a warmer greeting than I expected. Instead of being shunned, he did the absolute best he could to convince me that he was starving to death. If I hadn't of know him better (and had his waistline agreed with his performance), I would have been convinced by the heartbreaking meows he persistently uttered while glued to my leg. Poor, emiciated thing.
The week passed fairly uneventfully (though, I have to say, one of the high points was the return of my darling little car from the mechanics. Yay! Lily returns!), and Art and Ellen landed with nary a hitch....with the possible exception of my getting lost on the way from the waiting parking lot to the terminal (oh yes, I am just that good). They've been home from 24 hours now, and I'm really glad they've returned. It's nice having other people around....and not being the only one sleeping here. (There's difference between surviving and relishing an experience.)
I'VE SURVIVED.....and I didn't even adopt anything!
Yay for the big girl!
Friday, November 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congratulations! You've entered the world of adulthood, and what a marvelous world it is. I'm glad to hear you survived... and even learned from the experience. :)
our little girl is growing up!
I'm proud of you. I would definitely have opted for the hermithood!!
Yay congratulations on surviving!!! :) I think i would have opted for the hermithood and just cought up on my reading...that sound really good right now.
Post a Comment