Hello all! I have just returned from a 10-day trip to my old stomping grounds in good ol' Ridge Manor, FL. I'm sure you will all remember that thriving metropolis from some of my earlier posts.
Anywho, I was there for several reasons. A) I finished my first semester of college successfully and felt that it was an appropriate celebration to get the heck out of dodge for a few days; B) Art and Ellen's daughter-in-law, Anne (wife of Sean, their oldest son) was having her second baby, so an extra pair of hands to lighten the work was more than welcome; and C) I hadn't been there since I moved back last December, and felt that a visit was long overdue. (To be completely honest, I didn't really pray heavily regarding my trip...however, I discovered while there that it really was His idea in the first place and He was just gracious enough to let me think that I had come up with it.:)) It was a sort of mini-missions trip! And let me tell you, a second pair of hands really were appreciated...
The ten days passed busily (and very pleasantly as well) in a whirlwind of visiting, cleaning, and chasing after Samantha, a beautiful and active two-year-old girl. Anne's baby was born in the last few days of my visit so Art, Ellen, and I had sole custody of Samantha. One day, Ellen's mother came over the house and, noticing how I was chasing after the kiddo, commented, "One week you're the executive assistant to a Broadway producer, and the next you're a babysitter!"
Ah...versatility!
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
and one week was just enough for you to remember the heat and humdity, and truely be glad to come home and start summer semester. And we the loving parents were glad to have you back so soon this time!
Yay it sounds like you had a great time!
Post a Comment