Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Night to Remember

Shame, shame. Tsk, tsk. That's all I have to say for myself. I have failed miserably with the updated blogging recently, and I ask all ya all's forgiveness. I really am ashamed of myself. But - I have plenty of life to blog about now! (You may all do a happy dance.) I shall start with the oldest and longest awaited....King David Grand Opening!!! YAAAY!!!!
It was spectacular. I mean, really. I watched the show 5 times in a row and was sad that I had to leave before I could see it again. When does that happen?!? Dave and Ellen wrote a fantastic show. I feel like I know King David better now - like I understand him as a person, rather than just a "biblical character". So totally worth it (not to mention the time I got to spend with the Sanborns).
But I've bunnytrailed. The glorious evening dawned (wait a second....) beautiful, bright, and glorious. After a hectically busy day with tons of running around the city - okay, a few blocks of the city - it was finally time to prepare. We all looked smashing. David and Ellen cut a truly glamorous figure, Art was plain ol' dashing, and I didn't look half-bad myself (if I may say so). The theater was as full as I'd seen it, and there was plenty of hub-bub. The lights dimmed....magic happened. It was one of Dave's best performances - I was so glad press was there that night! After chatting and watching the theatre clear, it was time to party!!!
The catering was lovingly put together by Anne Thomas (with Old Kitchen Table Catering) and Peggy Dross - two wonderful women (not to mention cooks) and some of our biggest VA supporters. They put together a truly scrumptious table...I, however, had to wait until after the party to really appreciate the food (when we took it all home with us). I was appointed assistant barmaid (since I really would rather have something to do besides "mingle"). It was a wonderful time! I had the opportunity to meet almost everyone (it happens when you're holding the wine), and get to know King David staff a little better.
The night lasted longer than any of us expected. Everyone loved the show and hated to leave (which is an awesome sign). Plus, they truly are the city that never sleeps. (Where on earth do they get all that energy? Honestly! Can I have some too?) By the time the last of the guests left, it was nearing 11:45pm. When all was said and done, 12:30pm found us back at the Sanborns' beautiful NYC apartment stuffing all the leftover food from the opening into their refrigerator. (I still have no idea how we fit it all in....) Of course, by the time we had finished everything and could really start thinking about bed, we had all hit our second winds. And who can sleep then? So, we all sat in the living room in our jammies, stuffing ourselves with the leftover delicacies and just generally having a jolly ol' time!

Ahhhh....it was truly a night to remember.

6 comments:

Megs said...

That sounds quite fun!! I'm so happy it went well!!

Anonymous said...

Oh the memories of youth, late nights, ton of food, and friends. I am jealous, jealous, jealous.

Janella said...

Glad you had such a good time!

Anonymous said...

May I just say, HA! Late - 11:45. When I read that I expected like, 3am. You my friend need to experience the Uni life. I'm writing this ad 11:45 exactly, with no thought of bed for at least another hour. But none the less, I'm glad it was so much fun. :) I love you to pieces and miss you tons. Who broke my heart?! (By the by, Alicia is taking a Popular Music class this year and quite enjoying it. Anywho, she was sitting in said class and the lecturer was talking about.... somethin. She didn't mention. Anywho, she said he put on a piece of music, and what should play but you and I's theme song! She said she freaked out and laughed really hard. She had no idea that it was from a song. She gets us a bit more now, I think. :) * Who broke my heaaaart......?*)

a.matson said...

No, no...let me clarify. We started cleaning at 11:45pm. We ended going to bed about 3. The latest I went to bed while in NYC was 5am...that's not something you see everyday.:) That is hilarious! You did, you did!!!!!:)

Amy said...

That's so awesome!
Ah, you started cleaning up at 11:45, that makes more sense.