Tuesday, July 21, 2009

And the way was paved with papers....

Hello all!  I'll be upfront about it and admit...I am blogging at this moment because I am procrastinating.  There.  I said it.  (You may all gasp if you would like.)  I have not always been like this.  In fact, the way to procrastination was paved with papers.  I can see from the looks on your faces that my meaning is unclear.  Let me clarify.
It all began with deciding to take summer semester classes - four of them, to be precise.  Ethics (online), Fiction, Freshman Comp, and Anthropology.  All of these classes being much more involved than expected, I nonetheless put my shoulder to the grindstone and pumped out the assignments that were due (one immediately after another, it seemed).  Finally, I arrived very near the end of the semester - so close to victory I could almost taste it.  But there in my path stood a number of papers - 10, to be exact - that had to be completed before I could be considered finished.  And so I began.  After each paper, the pile seemed to grow rather than shrink.  It was the most amazing thing I've seen.  Amazing and frustrating.
However, I persevered.  The day came that I turned in one paper right after another.  It was glorious.  As soon as I handed it in, it seemed in that moment it was gone.  I was free!  Each time a sweet sense of freedom flooded over me - I was fairly intoxicated with it.  However...there is yet one more paper to be written - Ethics Case Study Analysis.  Ugh.  Though it shouldn't be that hard, it seems that it is.  My brain has turned in its resignation...after all, there are only so many papers that can be written in a short amount of time before something starts to rebel.  Sadly, it was my brain that finally cracked under the strain.  So, I clearly have no choice - I must wait for my brain to return from its sabatical before continuing (either that, or I must go fetch it by force).  Ugh.
So, this is the tragic tale of how I have dissolved into a procrastinator.  I admit - it is a sorrowful event.  Alas!  The way back to my sanity (and graduation) is paved with papers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well at least you have enjoyed some of the topics of said papers.

a.matson said...

True...I suppose it could be worse. But still - my brain has turned in its resignation