I've been thinking about it, and I think that everyone (though we might try to deny it) has that one thing that we (internally, at least), hold close and stroke while whispering "my preciousssssss" gollum-style. As silly as it may be, we all have one item which is particularly dear to us.
I'm sure I did...although, had you asked me before Christmas what it was, I probably wouldn't have been able to tell you. I might have even fooled myself into believing that I had grown out of superficial attachments to inanimate objects. (Silly me!) But, I can honestly say that I now see that I have not - this Christmas, I was given "my precious".
It was a glorious morning, and I had already gotten several wonderful presents. So, as I opened the last box (with my parents both watching me with mute excitement), I was caught completely by surprise. When I lifted the lid, there lay the most beautiful black leather jacket I had ever seen in my life!
The black leather glistened gently as I tenderly lifted it from its box. It had a short collar like I've always wanted. There were zippers on the sleeves to make it more fitted around the wrists or let it flair out a bit. It was fitted in the body to make it oh-so-flattering. It fit like a glove (or like we were meant to be). Mom said that she got it at a ridiculous sale price, so I have a $250 jacket for under $75!!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!! And best of all, it's from my mommy and daddy!
I love it. I've worn it everywhere. Only by reminding myself that I'm almost in college (and that it would be ridiculously hot) have I restrained myself from wearing it to bed. Oh, I love it. I've thought of naming it, but I haven't been able to come up with the absolutely perfect name that such a jacket it worthy of.
Trust me - when you see this jacket, you'll understand.
Monday, December 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
wow and I thought it was just a coat!
It is pretty amazing! :) Now in choosing a name you must first decide if it is a boy jacket or a girl jacket. :)
Sounds awesome, especially at such a bargain price. My "precious" is a pretty green bicycle out in the garage that keeps calling to me....."come and ride, come and ride". :)
Post a Comment